|Lesson Plan Components|
|Teacher’s Name||Phoo Thit Wai|
|Date||12/ 10/ 15 (Mon)|
|Topic||Classroom Rules, Phonic of Letters, Vowels & Consonants, Capital Letters, Nouns|
|Main Vocab(s)||Computer, Input, Process, Store, Output, Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, Calculate, Draw, Type, Listen, Play, Save|
|Main aim(s)||– To familiar with the classroom rules
– To learn the phonic of the letters and get enrichment in vocabulary
– To be able to name and categorize the vowels and consonants
– To predict when do we use capital letters and apply this in a relevant situation
– To learn about nouns and modify these in the sentences
|Assumptions||– They can gain a basic grammar knowledge, especially about noun
– They will get familiar with phonic & letters
– They can get enrichment in vocabulary
|Anticipated Problem||– They may have some difficulty to catch up with new vocabs and sentence structure
– They may face problem in doing exercise
|Possible Solution||– Teacher needs to revise and review the lessons again and again until they get familiar with the lessons|
|Timing||Procedure||Stage aims||Aids and materials||Interaction pattern|
|10 minutes||– Play “If you are happy” song and listen it
– Chant & sing the song together with teacher by doing actions
|– To motivate them by singing song||-Video clip||Tr. – Whole class|
|15 minutes||– Ask and discuss about classroom rules by making groups
– Write out some rules on the whiteboard
Rule 1: Listen when your teacher is talking.
Rule 2: Follow directions quickly.
Rule 3: Respect others. Respect yourself. Respect your school.
Rule 4: Raise your hand to speak to the class.
Rule 5: Be safe. Be kind. Be honest.
Rule 6: Be Respectful.
Rule 7: Be responsible.
Rule 8: Be safe.
Rule 9: Share with others.
Rule 10: Take care of our things.
Rule 11: Be quiet.
Rule 12: Use kind words.
|– To familiar with classroom rules||-Whiteboard||Tr. – Groups|
|25 minutes||– Learn the phonic of the letters by illustrating the pictures (A – Z)
– Chant the rhymes after the teacher
e.g. A is for Apple ‘ae ‘ae Apple, ….
– Draw pictures and make notes in their exercise books
|– To learn and identify the phonic of the letters (A – Z)
– To enrich in vocabularies
– To get interest by drawing pictures
|Tr. – Whole class|
|7 minutes||– Explain about vowels and consonants
– Let them take notes of vowels and consonants
– Show the letter on the whiteboard and ask one by one whether it is vowel or consonant
|– To be able to name and categorize the vowels and consonants
– To check their level of interest by asking Q
|-Whiteboard||Tr. – Student|
|3 minutes||– Explain them when do we use capital letter by providing examples of the names of the people & places on the whiteboard||– To select and write the appropriate letter||-Whiteboard||Tr. – Whole class|
|20 minutes||– Introduce with Noun and explain about what are nouns
– Provide some examples of noun by asking throw back questions
– Show them “Learn Nouns with Timmy” video clip
– Explain the nouns from the video while they are watching
|– To understand well about nouns
– To have a clear instruction by watching video
– To extend their interest by watching video
|-Video clip||Tr. – Student|
|15 minutes||– Write down the sentences from the whiteboard in the exercise book
– Underline the noun from the sentences
1. We can calculate with a computer.
2. We can draw the pictures with a mouse.
3. I can play games with phone.
4. My father buys a desktop for me.
5. This is a laptop on the table.
6. Tom has got a tablet.
7. We can type with a keyboard.
8. I like to listen to the music.
9. A mouse is an input device.
10. A computer can produce many outputs.
11. We can store many things in a computer.
12. It is still in the process.
|– To analyze the nouns from the sentences
– To identify the nouns by themselves by underlying nouns